Let’s get rid of the traditional methods of making delicious roti. Today, you can enjoy the same soft, delicious and delicious phulkas/roti without the necessity of rolling one.
We discuss a Roti maker that can be your electronic partner to eliminate all work.
Are you interested in making Rotis with these makers? Here are a few of the most well-known roti makers that you could test.
Top 10 Best Roti Maker in India 2022
1. Prestige PRM 5.0 Roti/Khakra Maker
The Prestige brand is known for its wide collection of home electrical appliances; Prestige brings you another fantastic roti maker in the shape of this PRM 5.0, the roti makers and Khakra. It is ideal for those who want large rotis.
In the beginning, it is small in size, making it an ideal space-saving option. It’s constructed with a stainless steel body that increases its durability and ensures it is a long-lasting product. With the shockproof body, the usage of this maker will reduce the chance of injuries or issues.
It has a nonstick coating that stops it from adhering to surfaces. Additionally, it has a bigger surface plate that will give the Rotis large and wide and Khakra anytime you’d like.
Prestige is also making this product an easy-to-use product. It has an adjustable temperature dial to ensure that you have the ideal interior temperature to cook the perfect Rotis without burning them. The indicators with lights provide users with the most convenience and ease to manage the operation with no hassles.
Not to mention last, this Prestige PRM 5.0 roti maker is also energy efficient. It requires only the power of 900W to run all of its functions. It also gives a 1-year warranty to its users.
2. Jaipan JDRM 901 Jumbo Roti Maker
In a short period, Jaipan is now an established brand name in India that has impressed Indian customers with its high-quality performance. Jaipan has many attributes that make it a long-lasting, efficient, and high-quality product.
The most striking feature is that this Jaipan Roti maker provides a nonstick surface for cooking. The surface for cooking gets coated by Greblon Gamma, a product from the Weilburger region of Germany. This stops the dough or other ingredients from sticking to the cooking surface while cooking it.
This roti maker demands 1000W of power as well as 230-240V voltage. You can use the handle to precisely press the plate when making Rotis and an easy knob that lifts the top of the plate after the roti is ready.
The roti maker functions just like a charm and can be used by anyone to make Rotis. The roti maker can also make tasty and crispy khakhra which is another advantage of this maker of rotis. With all the benefits offered, it’s not a stretch to claim the roti maker stands out from other options on the market.
3. Sunflame RM1 900W Roti Maker
Sunflame presents the light and robust roti maker that will be the ideal companion to the kitchen. It’s a reliable product that will provide you with only the finest benefits of serving your family delicious Rotis and Khakra.
The main benefit of this Sunflame Roti maker is the uniform heating.
There is no need for oil, or even very little oil for cooking with the Sunflame product.
The other advantage is the food-grade nonstick cooking dish. This nonstick cookware plate stops the dough from sticking to it in use. It provides convenience for the user and minimizes mess created during the cooking.
The roti maker only requires an electrical power supply of 900W to run its tasks. This means that the device is not a power sucker and will lower your electricity bills.
A stainless-steel body provides a robust option that you can rely on. Moreover, the bakelite handle improves the user’s comfort when pressing the plates of the roti maker together.
4. Hilton New Hilton Roti Maker
Use the Hilton Roti maker; make delicious, soft, and tasty roti without any problems at any time you’d like. It is constructed with stainless steel making this a reliable choice to choose.
You can use this maker for making various items like roti, papad, omelette, and stuffed paratha without any issues.
It has a nonstick coating on its surface to ensure that the dough won’t stick when making the rotis. The roti maker also comes with a 20cm diameter on the surface, which is adequate for making medium-sized rotis. The roti maker needs 875W of power to run its functioning, making it an energy-efficient model.
In terms of appearance, it comes with a bakelite handle that makes it easy to press the plates together with no chance of burns.
Additionally, you can rely on the automatic shut-off feature, which means that this Hilton Roti maker can be turned off when it is not being used.
5. Eveready RM1001 900W Roti Maker
The roti maker from the Eveready brand is sure to amaze you. It is loaded with numerous options that make it a complete product for users and make it a top contender on the top of the list.
At the beginning of this model, the roti maker requires the power of 900W and 230V to ensure that it is functioning at its peak. This energy-efficient model will give you the value you want in exchange for the price.
This maker’s main benefit is its inclusion of the double heating component. Due to this dual heating function, it cooks food faster than one would think. Whatever you’re cooking with this Eveready product will present the final result in minutes.
With the nonstick cooking surface, food items will not get stuck during use. It is equipped with the red “on” light that indicates the functioning level of the Roti maker.
The exterior body of this Eveready Roti maker is constructed from stainless steel that can be used to enhance the longevity of the product. It also comes with big handles that allow for simple and easy use. This simple to use handle can be easily used to quickly prepare roti.
It needs 900W to be powered for running its functions and comes with 2 years of warranty.
6. Bajaj VACCO Go Ezzee Roti Maker
Bajaj is a well-known brand within the Indian market for electrical appliances. The roti maker made by Bajaj stands out from the rest due to its performance and efficiency in creating perfect round rotis. It is extremely fast, which is among its advantages.
It’s a simple roti maker that could be used to create khakhra, papad, and paranthas that are not roti. Its compact dimensions add to its appeal since it eliminates the need for more space in the kitchen.
This roti maker has an automatic switch-off function to ensure that customers have the most convenience. Utilizing this feature, the machine shuts down if it’s being used. Its LED indicators will ensure you are assured of the exact time your roti is ready to be served.
One of the things that makes this Roti maker stand out is its commitment to using only the finest components.
It utilizes the top tubular component of the highest quality for its construction to be described as a robust product. To make its Tawa efficient use, it is manufactured using Teflon-covered nonstick aluminium.
The high-quality products guarantee an un-sticky surface that keeps the dough’s surface from sticking. It provides a one-year guarantee for the customers against potential issues that could pop up.
7. Baltra BTR-201 900W Roti Maker
Baltra presents this user-friendly Roti maker that will simplify your kitchen chores. This machine is the ideal option for anyone seeking the fastest and most efficient way to access their product.
To ensure the long-lasting quality of the roti maker, its body is made of stainless steel. Additionally, it also comes with a safe bakelite handle that can be used without difficulty pressing the plates of the roti maker to each other. The handle is long enough to minimize the risk of mishaps.
This roti maker is equipped with thermostat control to provide extreme security features to users. The interior temperature can be set according to needs, resulting in perfectly crafted Rotis.
This Baltra Roti maker operates using anup to 900W and 220V voltage energy consumption. Customers also get a one-year period of warranty coverage for this roti maker to cover any possible defect.
8. Prestige PRM 6.0 Roti/Khakra Maker
Prestige brand is among the few brands that have grown in India to become among the top renowned and trusted brands. Today Prestige is an image of high quality and therefore is favoured by most consumers.
When we talk about this roti maker by Prestige, It was designed to make it easier for its users. It has larger cooking plates, so you can make a decent amount of rotis. In addition, the nonstick coating on the Prestige PRM 6.0 roti maker makes sure that the roti doesn’t become stuck to the surface and is easily removed.
You’ll also be awed by the style of this roti machine as it is unique in its design. It’s compact and has an insulated body that is shockproof to reduce the chance of any risk. It is easy to lock in its place, which guarantees that your roti stays in the correct position throughout its creation.
With the temperature knobs adjusted, you can regulate the temperature inside this roti maker based on what you’re planning to cook.
The roti maker needs an energy consumption of 1200W. It’s a sturdy product that will keep you comfortable for quite a long duration.
9. Xodi Eagle National Chapati/Khakra Maker
It’s from Xodi, an honest brand that strives to provide high-quality electrical products to its clients. This roti maker will not be disappointed. Additionally, it could be the ideal kitchen partner for bachelors.
This roti maker has been constructed using a premium tubular component, resulting in a long-lasting and reliable product. To make it even more effective for users, its Tawa is made of Teflon-coated nonstick aluminium. This stops your roti from sticking to the surface when using this maker of rotis.
This roti maker has been designed to be safe, as it has a shockproof body and heat-resistant handles. This will eliminate any risk when using this product when making the rotis you want to share with your family and friends.
The handle is of enough length that it can be used to push the plates of the roti maker together for the making of the roti with no problems.
Additionally, you can rely on the auto-turn-off feature of this roti maker, which means that it is easily switched off when not being used. To give users the most ease of use, it is equipped with a light indicator. These indicators help users ensure that their food is properly cooked.
It’s an energy-efficient model that offers a one-year warranty to users.
10. Athena Libra Athena Roti Maker
This Roti maker is more than a gift for working women. What is a device that provides you with instantly delicious and soft rotis? That’s right; it’s Libra Athena roti maker.
If you’re wondering about the greatest benefit you could enjoy from this roti maker, then here’s the answer. The Libra Athena is not only a roti maker; it also can serve as a dough maker. It is possible to knead the dough into it and create fluffy rotis. What’s not to love?
The product is constructed from the most durable materials to ensure it will last longer and isn’t easily broken. This feature also provides the expected value to buyers for their invested money.
It has a nonstick surface coat that stops it from adhering to surfaces. The safe bakelite handles are strong enough to provide an easy working experience when pressing the plates of the roti maker to each other.
It requires 975W power for its operation, making it among the most efficient models in terms of energy consumption. Also, you get one year of warranty coverage.
Types Of Roti Makers
There are two major types of roti makers.
- The Electric Roti Makers: An electric Roti maker comes with an electric presser and two hot plates that are heated electrically. The plates press each other to make the roti or tortilla. Electric roti makers are among the most popular types of appliances that are used in kitchens. A few of these machines can also be used to cook other flatbread dishes such as dosas, khakras, and parathas.
- Automatic Roti Makers: An automatic Roti maker needs the least help you cook the rotis. You have to place all the ingredients in it (where you have specified) and then go about your work. When you return, you’ll have the product you have created. An example of an automated making roti is Rotimatic. It makes several rotis as well as different types of bread.
When you are considering purchasing the roti maker, it is essential to keep a few points in mind to be satisfied with the purchase.
Best Roti Maker Machine Buying Guide
- Wattage: The higher the roti maker’s power is, the quicker it cooks your tortillas or Rotis. Make sure you choose one with a minimum of 800 W of power.
- Grid Material: The grid, also known as Tawa, must be constructed from stainless steel or aluminium that can be used to ensure even heating. The roti maker must be constructed of nonstick materials that will eliminate the need for oil. To create perfect Rotis, select 8-10 inches of griddle sizes of griddles. Some griddles cook more quickly than others and with the same size and quality.
- Size and Weight: The majority of the roti makers are built to be small and simple to store within the kitchen area, whether on the counter or the countertop. Size isn’t a major matter of concern. The main issue to consider is weight. It is necessary to lift the lid upwards and press it down to create a uniformly slim and smooth roti. If the lid weighs too much, this can cause problems after the first few rotis. Hence, purchase a lightweight roti maker.
- Warranty: Buy the roti maker with at least one year of warranty.
Things To Keep In Mind While Making Rotis In A Roti Maker
Here are some tips you should know when making Rotis in the Roti maker.
1. Add More Water While Kneading
The dough you create to make a roti maker differs from the dough you use in gas rotis. Don’t work the atta for too long otherwise, and it will become sticky and hard. The dough should be softer and stickier to allow it to become flattened by pressing. To make it, mix in about 15 per cent more water.
2. Wait For Some Time
After kneading the dough, allow it to sit for around 30-60 minutes. This allows the gluten strands to begin growing in the dough after being kneaded and making the rotis soft and puffy. If you’re stressed, you should let your dough sit for a minimum of 10 minutes.
3. Prepare Fresh Dough Every Time
The dough kept in the refrigerator will not create soft and fluffy rotis. They’ll become crisp and hard. Always make fresh dough each time you need to make Rotis using a machine to make Rotis.
4. Use A Few Drops Of Oil Or Ghee
A few drops of oil or ghee into the dough can make the rotis soft and will not stay on the machine. The heat is distributed all over the surface by adding fat, and the rotis are equally cooked from the middle towards the corners.
There is no need to add lots of oils to your dough. Just dip your fingers in it while creating the balls of dough.
5. Eat Them As Soon As Possible
Rotis that are prepared using the help of a roti maker are likely to become harder than normal ones. Consume them as soon as they’re prepared, so they don’t get too difficult to chew.
This is the list of the top Roti makers currently available. Get out of the kitchen, and instead of working hard, you should work intelligently. Get yourself with one of these tools. Happy making roti!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you create puffy rotis using your Roti maker?
Making Rotis with the roti maker is easy. Here’s what you have to do to make puffy rotis.
- Place the flour in the sieve to get rid of any hard or brittle particles.
- Pour in water. You may also add salt according to your preference.
- Include a few drops of butter, oil, or ghee to the dough for a better flavour and dough softness.
- Make sure to knead it until the dough becomes soft and sticky.
- Rest for 30 to 1 hour.
- After an hour, begin making small dough balls.
- The roti maker must be turned on.
- Place it at the most extreme temperature. Watch the indicator light change to green.
- The dough ball should be flattened a little. You don’t have to make it slim or round.
- The dough ball should be placed slightly off-centre, in the direction of the handle.
- Closing the upper plate. Press it gently on the dough ball to flatten it.
- Make sure to open it as soon as possible.
- Cook both sides of the roti for just a couple of seconds.
- Turn the roti over when you notice bubbles starting to form.
- Then flip it so that either sides are cooked equally. The roti will begin puffing out by itself.
If the roti hasn’t puffed yet, shut the top lid a bit and let it sit there. Do not press it down. Roti can puff and lift the lid off by itself.
Why would you want to purchase a Roti maker?
If you are making six to 30 rotis per day, A roti maker can help make this manual task much easier for you. A few advantages of using the roti maker include:
- Reduces time and effort: How quickly can you create an omelette? How long will it take to roll the balls out? Roti makers can accomplish everything in a matter of minutes.
- One-touch Programming: The most effective machine for making Rotis come with one-touch software that allows the task to be completed with a single click. Therefore, you’ll be able to focus on other kitchen chores.
- Cleanliness: A clean kitchen Rotis can be extremely messy, especially when you’re new to making them. No matter how meticulous you are, you will always have some flour on your countertop, which needs to be cleaned every time you make a roti. However, this is not the situation when using a roti maker. Making Rotis creates no mess, which means there is no need to clean soiled areas with flour.
- It will make you healthier: You can make chapatis and parathas with only a small amount of oil or ghee. This means fewer calories and a healthier diet. Furthermore, you will not purchase takeaway rotis, which means you’re less susceptible to food-related illnesses.
What is the reason my roti maker is making Rotis with no cooking?
There is a chance that you are making errors. One of the most frequent is not waiting for the maker of the machine to reach its maximum temperature. Some people place their hands on the table to feel the heat before placing dough balls.
It will not work. It’s important to patiently wait for the roti maker’s temperature to attain the desired temperature or for the ready-to-use indicator light to flash.
Additionally, you may be taking too long or not enough time shutting and opening the lid or pressing the handle too gently or forcefully, making the dough in the wrong way, or using a sharp spatula to flip the rotis, another reason why your rotis might not be cooked.
If the issue persists even after rectifying these errors, you should send the roti maker to the nearest service centre.
Do I have to pour oil on the plate before using a roti machine?
If your roti maker comes with Nonstick-coated plates, oil isn't needed. You can, however, apply oil to the plate to create rotis with the look of paratha.
What is the difference in watts between the lower and upper lids while heating?
It is completely dependent on the machine that makes the roti and the model, but the lower lid is at a higher temperature than the higher lid. For instance, in models that have 900 W, the upper lid is 300 W, while the lower lid has 600 W.
Do I have the ability to wash the machine maker?
Yes, you can. Clean the surface using an unclean cloth. Avoid putting it in running water or put it in the dishwasher. Make use of a damp cloth to clean the oil marks, stains, or any residue.
Why is there a temperature-control knob on some makers of rotis?
The majority of high-end roti makers' models feature knobs for temperature control. You can alter and select the desired temperature based on the food you wish to cook.
Does the roti maker have the capacity to handle voltage variations?
Of course. The majority of the roti makers have shockproof. They are designed to withstand fluctuations in voltage. However, you must ensure that the cord's material is of the highest quality. Additionally, connect the roti maker into an appropriate and safe socket to ensure short circuits don't damage it.
Which is more effective - an electric roti maker or a manually operated roti machine?
It's all about your preferences. Electric roti makers can be expensive; however, they are easier to use. Manual roti makers require some effort. If you intend to use it outdoors, opt for a manual model.
Do I have to make roti using a roti maker? Make khakhra and other meals?
The majority of roti makers can be used to create papads, parathas, kulchas, and Khakhras.