It is gone at a time when passion and talent were all you needed to be able to play sports. However, technology has made it possible for sports to evolve rapidly. These two factors are crucial.
Sports equipment has also changed significantly, a key factor in all kinds of sports. Badminton is not an exception. A racket is as important as badminton shoes in determining a player’s performance on the court.
This is the complete list of the top 12 best badminton rackets below 2000, or as some call it – the best badminton tennis racquets under 2000 on the market.
This blog will also feature the top Yonex badminton rackets under 2000 and Li Ning badminton racquets (the best badminton brands around).
1. Yonex Nanoray Light 18i/ Best Badminton Racket
Yonex Nanoray Light 18i full graphite racket has a weighted average of 78g. With a rating of more than 10000 on Amazon India (4.3 stars out of 5, this is the most sought-after Yonex racket.
Its popularity can be attributed to its excellent combination of properties, which makes it one of the most popular rackets for intermediate players.
Its head-light balance and 20-30 lbs string tension make it easy to handle and control. This ultra-lightweight racket makes it easy to exchange shots quickly. Yonex’s isometric head is a trademark that allows you to hit the shuttlecock with a greater margin of error, which is particularly beneficial for beginners.
These excellent features make the Nanoray Light 18i the best Yonex badminton racket below 2000 in India.
- Frame made of one piece with T-joint built-in
- Intermediate and beginner players
- Nanoscience technology to increase strength and lightweight
- For the bigger sweet spot, use an isometric head
- Ultralight racket
- Aero box frame to reduce air resistance
- High string tension is possible with high-quality materials
2. Li-Ning G-Force Superlite 3700
Li-Ning G-Force Superlite3700 is made from ultra-strong carbon fibre for strength and rigidity. It also provides stability to ensure your strokes are accurate.
The game’s aggressive nature makes the frame heavy, but the ultra-lightweight flexibility of the racket allows for easy rallies and net play. The G-Force Superlite, a better Li-Ning badminton racket than the 2000 model, has many quality features. It can be used to both defend heavy smashes and offensive play.
- High string tension can be held by strong frame material
- Suitable for beginner/ intermediate level players
- For strength and control, the shaft is 0.7mm in length.
- Aerotec beam design for less air resistance
- Carbon fibre with ultra-strong strength provides greater rigidity to withstand the impact load
- For the larger hitting area, Dynamic Optimum frames are used
3. Yonex Nanoray 6000I
The Yonex Nanoray I 6000I is a great option if you want a new badminton racket. The racket was made for advanced players and had many features that will improve your game. Let’s have a look at the features of this racket.
It has Intensive strings, which provide greater power and control. Also, it features an Isometric head design, which gives you a wider sweet spot and makes it easier to score those winning shots.
It has an Aerofit wing shape, which helps to reduce air resistance while you are moving around the court. It is the perfect tool to improve your game.
- For torque-free performance, built-in T-joint
- Intermediate and beginner players
- Available in two colour options
- For a larger sweet spot, use an isometric head shape
- Included is a carry bag
4. Yonex Carbonex 8000 Plus/ Best Badminton Racket Under 2000 for Intermediates
Yonex Carbonex 8000 Plus is a graphite racket that averages 87g. Only the Carbonex 8000 Plus differs from other Yonex rackets because it uses an oval-shaped frame.
An oval-shaped head offers more control and power, but the advantages of a concentrated hitting area. This technology has a disadvantage: it doesn’t have a large sweet spot compared to the isometric.
This racket offers both offensive and defensive play. It has all the advantages and is the best badminton racquet for intermediate players in India.
- The T-joint allows for perfect transmission of power from shaft to frame.
- Nano-mesh carbon nanotube technology to ensure longevity
- For better control, an oval head shape
- For increased stability, the box-shaped construction
- Elastic Ti technology to increase strength and elasticity
- This is the best choice for intermediate or mid-level players
5. Apacs FINAPI 232
Apacs FINAPI232 is a racket that has the highest string tension. It’s designed for offensive players who are passionate about hitting smashes and precise placement. The latest model in the Finapi series was created exclusively for Indian marketing.
This racket is high-tension and medium-flex and offers high performance. This racket is ideal for players who are looking to have instant power and control, as well as smash strokes on more occasions.
- For high-power transmission to shuttle and rebounding balance, a slim tensile shaft (7.5 mm)
- High string tension (38 lbs).
- Triple-speed platform with low drag coefficient for player performance
- Frame aerodynamics is a high level of frame speed which increases racket speed and minimizes air resistance.
- Ultra-high Modulus Graphite Material for Strength and Stability
6. Yonex Muscle Power 29 LT
Yonex Muscle Power 29 LT is a medium-flex badminton racket. It uses muscle frame technology to better transform energy from the string bed into the shuttlecock.
A 10 mm slimmer shaft gives the racket an additional advantage in terms of its repulsion power. This greatly improves the smash power.
The Muscle Power 29 Lt, along with the Carbonex 8000 Plus, is the best Yonex badminton racket for intermediate players in India.
This graphite is strong and durable and has a high modulus. It’s a great choice for intermediate and beginner players.
- Unique frame-string construction eliminates stress for more power from the string to the shuttlecock
- This is suitable for intermediate-level players
- The isometric head shape
- High modulus graphite racket
- Grommet design (single pass): New pattern for reducing string stress
7. Yonex Arcsaber 71 Light
The Yonex Arcsaber Light is an ultralight racket that returns the frame back to its original form quickly after it hits the shuttlecock.
The combination of high string tension and nano air spring technology, combined with the isometric frame shape, gives you a stronger hit with greater accuracy.
The lightweight design of the Arcsaber 71 Light racket is ideal for players who need speed and agility on the court. It may not be as responsive to off-centre shots because of its lightweight.
This may not be the right choice if you’re looking for a powerful racket to take your game to new heights. It is right for you.
It, however, is a great choice if you want a quick and manoeuvrable racket to help you defeat your opponents.
- It has a lightweight racket and a headlight, making it easier to manoeuvre.
- Playing level: Intermediate
- The square-shaped isometric head enlarges the racket’s sweet spot.
- The Nano air spring frame allows for better energy transfer and a stronger hit
- Aero box frames reduce air resistance and accelerate head speed to produce more power for shots.
- High-tension rackets are for greater power and better control
8. Yonex Nanoray 7000I/ Best Badminton Racket Under 2000 for Beginners
Yonex Nanoray I is a head-light badminton racket weighing in at 93 grams. Aluminium is used for the frame and aluminium for the shaft.
The head-light balance allows for easy swing and quick returns. Nanoray 7000i’s low string tension and isometric head are great for intermediate and beginner players. This allows them to play more consistent shots, which aids in their building skills.
- Great for intermediate and beginner players
- Cross-section of Aero-type frames for less resistance to air
- Built-in T-joint provides strength and rigidity
- For better strength, box-type frames are more suitable for racket frames
- Lightweight thanks to the aluminium frame and graphite shaft
- The isometric head creates a larger sweet spot
- Nanoscience technology to speed up racket speeds
9. Yonex Nanoray 70 Light
The Yonex Nanoray70 Light racket is an excellent option for tennis players looking to upgrade. The lightweight racket is light and agile, making it easy for players to move around on the court.
Using the larger sweet spot, you can also make more shots than other models.
The Nanoray 70 Light racket’s durable construction and comfortable grip make it ideal for all players. Get yours today to see the difference it can make in your game.
- Aero-box frame to ensure minimum air resistance
- A one-piece design (Built-in T-joint frame) provides greater strength and is torque-free.
- For a larger sweet spot, use an isometric head to increase the rectangular string area
- Ultra-light racket allows for quick movement and easy handling
- For more power and better control, use high-string tension
- This is suitable for intermediate-level players.
10. Yonex ZR 100 Light
Yonex ZR100 light is the first Yonex racket made in India. The ZR 100 Light, affordable, is the best badminton racket in India for club-level and beginner players.
Beginners will find the isometric head and low string tension helpful in maintaining their accuracy, which can be beneficial during the initial stages of developing skills.
- Low-torsion steel shaft
- You have the option to choose between 5 colours
- For a greater area of strokes, use the isometric head
- Includes racket cover
- Beginning Level
11. Li-Ning SS-G5 Series
Are you looking for a racket that will take your game to the next level of play? The Li-Ning SS-G5 Series is a great choice.
This racket features five strategically placed dampening balls to provide excellent vibration absorption, allowing for better control and feel. The SS-G5’s fast frame and large sweet spot make it ideal for all players.
- Uniform stress distribution with dynamic optimal frame
- Beginning Level
- For a squarer cross-sectional stringbed, use an isometric head
- Aerotec beam system reduces air resistance
- A great bag to carry the racket in
12. Li-Ning Turbo 99
Li-Ning Turbo 99 is a lightweight, slim, head-heavy racket that’s high-tension and low-tension. It is state-of-the-art and designed for competitive players. It is made for players who want to attack gameplay.
This racket is aerodynamic in the frame and head design and built for speed and power. Its quick response time will help you dominate your opponent on the court. Get your Turbo 99 today to see the real hype!
- Aerotec Beam system to reduce air resistance
- TB Nanotechnology is a powerful tool for smashing
- For the maintenance of the rebound balance, high tensile slim shaft
- Dynamic optimum frame to widen the sweet spot
- For aggressive play, heavy head racket
- Playing level: Semi-Professional and Intermediate
How did we choose the best badminton rackets for you?
Finding the best badminton rackets out of many can be a tough task. But what if we could perform some tests on the rackets? We can get the perfect ones. Although you might not be having that much time for testing. But what are we meant for? We performed some tests on these rackets, and we got the best ones.
Usually, the weight of badminton rackets is divided into five categories:
- 1U: 95-100 Grams
- 2U: 90-94 Grams
- 3U: 85-89 Grams
- 4U: 80-84 Grams
- 5U: 75-79 Grams
All these weight categories depend completely on your expertise level. If you are the one who has just started playing badminton, then the lightweight rackets weighing under 5U can be perfect for you because they wouldn’t put much pressure on your hands.
But, if you are a professional badminton player who wishes to have a perfect racket for their match, then you should opt for heavy-weight rackets.
2. String Tension
The strings in the racket play a pivotal role in deciding its perfection. Thinking how? Well, by testing the string tension. For that, you need to perform an activity.
You need to press your palm on the strings of the racket. If the strings sink more, they will vibrate hard. So, they are not durable.
But, if the strings have low tension, they would react to the minimum, proving to be highly durable. Ideally, strings should sink to a minimum of 1 mm.
All badminton players have different playing techniques, and accordingly, there are different kinds of balancing rackets:
- Balance: Here, the whole weight lies on the racket’s head, making it slightly heavier than the body. And the balance point lies between 295-300 mm.
- Headlight balance: Here, the balance point lies below 285 mm as the racket’s handle is heavy.
- They are balanced: This is a balanced technique, as a perfect balance is maintained between the racket’s head and the handle. So, the balance point lies between 285-295 mm.
All these rackets are used for different kinds of badminton techniques. For giving the perfect shots, a balanced racket will work well. While for smashing hard, you should opt for a head-heavy racket and for easy playing, a headlight racket should be your choice.
Badminton rackets are available in all price ranges from 300 rs – 27,000 rs. It solely depends on what kind of racket you are willing to buy.
If you need a badminton racket for outdoor playing in your free time, then you can opt for a 300 rs racket. But, if you are a pro-level badminton player and want a racket for your matches, then you should invest in a professional racket.
A perfect grip on the badminton racket ensures a smooth badminton experience because grips provide a solid cushioning that prevents your hands from sweating and getting hurt.
Generally, you will find towel-type and synthetic grips in the rackets.
Towel grips are good for absorbing sweat, while synthetic grips are known for durability. Also, the grips are available in different sizes ranging from 83 mm to 102 mm.
Brand plays an important role in deciding the quality of rackets. This is because there are some brands that have been delivering qualitative rackets for years. And, so we can trust them with our eyes closed.
Among the beginner-level players, Victor and Yonex are the most preferred brands. While for the experienced players, Adidas, Ashaway, and Young are the best.
You can determine the weight and controlling power of the racket through its material type.
If the racket has a material type of carbon fibre, aluminium, or graphite, then it would be lighter in weight, thus allowing a fine controlling power. But, its durability would be less.
On the other side, wooden rackets are highly durable but have a heavy weight. Also, its controlling power is less. Mostly, experienced players opt for wooden rackets.
Common Questions People Ask When Choosing the Best Badminton Rackets in India
I am sure your head might be struggling with many questions regarding the badminton rackets. But don’t worry, as we know some of the common confusions lying in your head. And we will solve them for you by answering them.
1. Which is the most expensive badminton racket?
As per our research, the Li-Ning N36 S2 badminton racket is the most expensive one, having a price of Rs. 24,990. Though it is expensive, if you are a professional badminton player, then you are going to love it. Because it is a perfectly balanced racket with high-tension strings, and it weighs around 85 gm.
2. What are the best brands for badminton rackets?
This list was compiled from many products we evaluated by far too many brands. Many brands are competing for the top spot in the market.
Yonex is the brand that stands out above all others. Yonex Astorx products are the best, so there’s little room for other brands.
Also, Yonex is known for producing lightweight, well-balanced rackets.
This adds quality and structure to professional players. Yonex’s grommet pattern reduces stress on the strings and makes each product a strong competitor.
In the case of badminton rackets, you would find innumerable brands in the Indian market. We have enlisted a few best brands here. But, all brands cannot hold the number 1 position.
And for us, Yonex is the best badminton racket manufacturing brand. Because its rackets are perfectly balanced with low-tension strings, and, they are light in weight too. So, it’s a perfect racket for the professional badminton experts.
3. Which racket will be the best for smashing shots?
Smashing is one type of badminton shot where the player plays shots from the higher points. And this shot needs a lot of expertise.
Moreover, smashing cannot be done with ordinary rackets. You need heavy-weight rackets with low string tension. And, for this Victor jetspeed S10Q Speed Unstrung racket will be perfect.
So, here you have got your best badminton racket brands. And, in this list, you will find all sorts of rackets with different prices and qualities.
Some rackets would be best for smashing, while some would be perfect for easy play.
So, what are you waiting for? Choose the racket as per your needs and start playing.