We love to cook, but sometimes we cannot give that much time for cooking purposes. In this aspect, pressure cookers come in handy, as they can easily reduce nearly 70% of our cooking time. It also makes our food much more delicious by enhancing the richness and original flavours of various types of food ingredients.
Benefits of pressure cooking
- Saves energy
Pressure cooking is probably the most efficient method if you want to save energy. This is because Pressure cookers are specially made for one-pot cooking recipes. Thus requires less energy and time to prepare a delicious meal. As electricity bills are increasing day by day, pressure cooking is the best option for any homeowner.
- Foods retain their nutrients.
Cooking with a pressure cooker is the best way to have a nutritious meal, as with this, the food ingredients do not lose their nutritional values and turn into tastier items. As in this, the items are cooked much faster and with less liquid, thus can easily retain most of their benefits.
- Saves time
A pressure cooker can easily reduce the cooking time to near about 70%. Thus you can quickly get the meal on your dining table. You can easily put all the ingredients into the cooker and do your other tasks while cooking.
- Less cleaning
While cooking with the regular pots, you can have a large amount of cooking residues to clean up. However, a pressure cooker has a secured lid that has no problem of spilling. Thus, you don’t have to worry about cleaning after cooking and can complete the work within less time.
- The kitchen remains cooler.
In the summer days, if you cook with a pressure cooker, it will help you by generating less heat and thus giving you a cooler kitchen as it can retain the produced heat while cooking and don’t let it escape to the atmosphere of your kitchen, thus offering you a cooler kitchen atmosphere.
About Hawkins company
Hawkins Cooker Limited. has been in business since 1959. There are 700 staff, three factories, and two offices in this company. It is the most popular pressure cooker company in India and has different types of models for different types of houses. Each pressure cooker made by this company has an inside fitting lid; this is a much safer option than other pressure cookers.
This company is famous for not compromising the quality of the products. All the products of this company are completely leak-proof. It also has a higher quality regulating system, ensuring that you can cook within very little time. Another important factor is that all the Hawkins pressure cookers come with 5 years warranty.
Why is Hawkins pressure cooker popular in India?
The pressure cookers made by Hawkins are much safer than the other products. This is a trusted brand and does not compromise with the quality. The Hawkins pressure cookers come in different sizes to suit all Indian families, big or small. This company is famous and popular in India for offering versatility and the best value for money.
Top 6 Hawkins pressure cooker models
- Hawkins Contura Pressure Cooker
Features of the cooker
- This special model of Hawkins pressure cookers is made of Aluminum.
- It is very easy to handle and stir the food while cooking.
- This item comes in different sizes like 1.5 lit to 6.5 lit, thus suitable for both big and small families.
- This pressure cooker has better visibility, and the base is flat, with a diameter of 130 mm.
- You can easily remove the food from the cooker.
- The thickness of the base is 3.25mm.
- The dimensions of this product are 34X 19.7X18.5 centimetres.
- It has a pressure lock safety lid and an improved pressure regulator.
- It saves more fuel as it can heat up faster and evenly.
This pressure cooker comes in different sizes like 1.5 lit, 2 lit, 3 lit, 3.5 lit, 4lit, 5lit, and 6.5 lit.
Pros of the pressure cooker
- This product has a special body with rounded sides for better visibility.
- The foods can be stirred easily. Thus you can easily cook a lot of difficult dishes.
- The food can be removed with ease.
- It has a cool and easy-to-use handle.
- It is a good option to use on the gas stoves.
- The Gasket can last longer.
- The safety valve under the lid offers better safety.
Cons of the pressure cooker
- Some of its techniques need to be developed over time.
- Sometimes the food may be burnt if you are not careful enough.
The price of 3 lit sizes of this pressure cooker is 1249 rupees, and the 1.5 lit option is 1100 rupees.
- Hawkins Futura Hard Anodized Induction compatible pressure cooker
Features of the pressure cooker
This stylish black-coloured aluminium body of this pressure cooker is a very good choice for you if you want to cook with ease. The features are:
- It can work both on the gas ovens as well as inductions.
- This amazing pressure cooker comes with an advanced and automatic pressure regulator along with a fingertip release that can easily and safely release the pressure.
- The base of the cooker is extra thick and hard anodized. Thus you can easily cook tastier foods with less amount of oil.
- This has a heavy gauge hard-anodized bottom. Thus your food will not get burnt.
- This cooker comes with a 5 years warranty from the house of Hawkins.
- The special finish of this cooker can work effectively by absorbing heat faster and making the entire cooking process more energy efficient.
This pressure cooker comes in three sizes, 5 lit, 4 lit, and 3 lit.
- It is made of durable aluminium with a stylish black finish.
- This pressure cooker can work both on induction and gas ovens.
- This cooker has a micron thick hard anodized body and bottom.
- It can absorb heat faster and thus save a good amount of energy.
- It has an amazing feature of fingertip pressure release and stops the steam vent clogging.
- The product may seem a little bit heavy. Thus managing becomes tough.
- Hawkins Ceramic-Coated Hawkins Contura Pressure cooker
- This specially developed Hawkins pressure cooker has a German Hi-Tech ceramic coated body.
- The black base of this cooker can catch heat quite quickly.
- This is gas stovetop compatible.
- The mouth area of the cooker body has a metallic rim for extra safety.
- This Hawkins cooker has a really beautiful Apple shape and comes in several colour options.
- It is very easy to clean, and the ceramic—coated body is scratch-resistant.
- The product’s weight is 2.04 kg, and the thickness of the base is 3.25 mm.
- The flat base has a 130 mm diameter.
This model comes in two sizes that are 5 lit and 3 lit.
- The black base of this product can easily absorb a lot of heat quickly.
- The ceramic-coated body is stain and scratch-resistant.
- You can easily clean it and stay damage-free for several years.
- Comes with a 5 years warranty.
- This pressure cooker comes in three amazing colours, Apple green, Mustard yellow, and Tomato red.
- It is not to be used on Induction.
- If not handled gently, the coating may be scratched.
- Hawkins Stainless Steel Induction Compatible Pressure Cooker
This is another amazing model from the house of Hawkins. The features are:
- This pressure cooker from the house of Hawkins is suitable for both induction and gas ovens.
- It also suits Electric ceramic and Halogen cooktops.
- The base is flat and has a diameter of 130 mm.
- It is not only good for cooking tasty foods but also for fries.
- The material of this cooker is made of stainless steel.
- It is very easy to clean and also really hygienic.
- It has a corrosion-resistant body.
This stylish pressure cooker comes in different sizes like 1.5 lit, 2 lit, 3lit, 4lit, 5 lit, 6 lit, 8 lit, and 10 lit.
- This uniquely designed pressure cooker has Stainless steel body and suits different types of cooktops like Induction, Halogen cooktops, Gas oven, and Electric Ceramic.
- This is easy to clean and also very hygienic.
- You can both cook and fry your food.
- This cooker is corrosion resistant and comes with a 5 years warranty.
- It comes in different sizes to suit all types of families.
- A little expensive than the aluminium ones.
- Hawkins Miss Mary Pressure Cooker (Silver)
This amazing silver-coloured pressure cooker from the house of Hawkins has several amazing features like:
- It’s a very reliable pressure cooker and does not have the problems of leakages.
- Offers problem-free service and is fully safe.
- Comes with a unique pressure lock safety lid and thus makes sure that, when there is pressure inside the cooker, the lid remains to lock like a modern jetliner door. Also, you cannot open it until the pressure has fallen to a safe level.
- The lid handlebar is well-attached to the lid in a way that you will have extra space for required movement.
- The fixed unbreakable metal handle bracket helps the self-centralizing lid to lock securely and safely.
- Also, it is designed so that there will be no extra pressure on the plastic handles, thus expanding the life of the handles.
- It comes with a superior pressure regulation system that will help you cook faster and save a lot of your time.
- This cooker has special features like an automatic safety valve and a longer-lasting Gasket.
This unique silver pressure cooker comes in various sizes like 1.5 lit, 2.5 lit, 3lit, 5 lit, 5.5 lit, 3.5 lit, 4.5 lit, 5.5 lit, 7 lit, and 8.5 lit.
- This pressure cooker is certified by ISI and has 5 years of warranty.
- The lid is 100 % fitted and thus completely safe to use.
- It is made from pure and virgin metal.
- The safety valve is properly shielded.
- The Gasket lasts longer.
- This is not suitable for Induction cooktops.
- Hawkins Bigboy Pressure Cooker (Silver)
If you wonder how to cook food for many people within a very minimum time, you don’t need to worry anymore as there is Hawkins Bigboy Pressure Cooker to help you out. The amazing features of this Hawkins product are:
- It suits the gas stovetop.
- It’s a tremendous option if you have a hotel or restaurant.
- The thickness of the base of this pressure cooker is 4.06 millimetres.
- The body is made of pure Aluminum and comes with a chain to secure the pressure regulator, thus stopping the lid from getting lost.
- It has a 5 years warranty.
- The plastic handle of this model is developed from reinforced fibreglass to have extra strength.
- It is the best option for heavy cooking and busy kitchens.
This pressure cooker comes in sizes like 14 lit, 18 lit, and also 22 lit.
- It is perfect for cooking a meal for gatherings and functions.
- The 18 lit and 22 lit models come with a pair of sturdy lifting handles to handle with ease.
- These pressure cookers are also developed on firewood stoves and coal burning.
- You can also use it on Gas or Kerosene stoves.
- The locking method is very easy.
- This pressure cooker is not a perfect option for frying.
Therefore, we can say that Hawkins has an amazing collection of pressure cookers to meet all types of requirements of all types of families. These stylish yet efficient pressure cookers can help us greatly by erasing all our concerns regarding cooking a delicious and healthy meal while saving our time and energy.
FAQ’ about Hawkins Pressure cookers
- Why is pressure cooking important?
A pressure cooker is an essential product for any kitchen, as it can help us by cooking some delicious yet healthy food while saving both our time and energy bills.
- What is pressure cooking?
It is the special process of cooking delicious food under high pressure, with the help of water or a water-based cooking.
- What is hard anodized?
The term describes the functional refinement of those Aluminum components, like an anode and cold electrolytes. This is sometimes known as hard coat anodizing. This creates a thin and non-metallic conversion coating.
- Are hard anodized pressure cookers healthy?
Unlike the other metals like Aluminum pots, anodized pressure cookers are a safer option.
- How hard is Hard anodizing?
It is a cost-effective option for pressure cookers and is corrosion-resistant. So, a very good option for creating several effective pressure cookers.